Friday, December 26, 2008

mus @ After 5

mus : Grill & Lounge. that's the name of the western lounge i brought mum to for Christmas dinner. well, I do hope that I don't get the name wrong.

I intended to invite mum for dinner over at Richmond's, but then she suggested After 5, which she said has oriental meals, which she prefers more than western courses. But somehow, being a 'sua ku' of me that never been to The Banquet, I somehow went into the wrong place after I parked my car. But at that time, the only thing I'm worried is, that its fully packed and fully reserved, which proves to be otherwise.

'Mus ' is a western cafe mix with a lounge where we can drink with friends. The atmosphere seemed quite posh compared to other western cafes mushrooming around town. But of course, the bill is also very posh.

I thought that, since its Christmas, the place should be packed, but somehow, it doesn't seemed that way. However, this might be due to the "special" Christmas menu, which I will talk about later.
Saw a newly wed couple at the lounge talking while waiting for their wedding dinner to start.

RM88 per pax for a Christmas dinner, which comes with an Entrée plate, an appetizer, a soup, a main course, and a dessert. WOW!!! That's gonna blow a damn big hole in my wallet. :(


Well, mum doesn't want to order the Set Meal, so we ordered through the menus instead. Somehow, from what the waitress said, this menu is different from the usual menu, as there's no mushroom soup in there, whereas the usual menu has that. Too bad, cause i wanted to try the garlic bread and the mushroom soup. By the way, somehow, garlic bread wasn't available today too. I guess Santa Chef was too busy preparing for Christmas that he doesn't have the time to go bake some bread and harvest some garlic... HAHA!!!

That said, the price of the meals are a tad more pricey compared to the usual western cafes around, but the portions of the meals served seemed to be huge, likewise 'more than enough' for most locals. I ordered a sizzling sirlion, which seemed to be too little for me, but I was proven wrong.

The fresh lemon juice that I ordered. No sugar added... I think.
Doesn't taste THAT good, but mum said her mocha is nice!
Since there's no garlic bread, I ordered a plate of wedges. Sure turned out to be a huge plate. ^^
Compared to the usual cheezy wedges of KFC, and other western cafes, I think the wedges over here can be considered one of the best. Fresh and yet not over-fried. Man, LOOK AT THOSE CHEEZE!!!

My sizzling sirlion (*RM24.00), which took quite a long time to arrive, considering there's such a small crowd in here. Well maybe the chefs are busy preparing food for the wedding dinner outside. Waited around half an hour I think...

Mum ordered the Fish n` Chip, which i sadly didn't manage to take a shot. But then, the Fish n` Chip over at MUS is really one of the best that I've savored. Comes with 2 pieces of fried fish fillet, not the ordinary dory fish. Fresh and not over-fried, yet crispy enough. And the fun fries are tasty too! The portion is also quite big I'd say.

For 2 pax, I'd say the price is not that bad, though I believe not many of my friends would give a nod for the price stated in the menu. But perhaps this is Christmas... Just... Perhaps...
(*btw, 5% govt. tax
)

No comments: